City Council Meeting
- Date: 12/18/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
DECEMBER 18, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Bollinger or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of December 4, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of December 4, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one lot located at 2801 Zelda Road from a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District to an O-2 (Office) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2011-007)
2. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel located on the west side of South Court Street, approximately 350 feet north of Mildred Street (464 South Court Street), from a T4-R (General Urban Center Zone-Restricted) SmartCode Zoning District to a T4-O (General Urban Center Zone-Open) SmartCode Zoning District. Planning Commission’s motion to approve failed to pass, therefore no action was taken. APPEALED. (RZ-2018-020)
3. Resolution setting the dates for the Mayor/Council Municipal Elections in 2019.
4. Resolution assenting to the Vacation of an alley north of Warren Court by Equal Justice Initiative of Alabama, Inc.
5. Resolution approving issuance of Business License to Albert Rudolph, d/b/a BJ’s Barbershop, 2651 East South Boulevard.
6. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Jella Allez LLC, d/b/a DOREMI
Karaoke, 2787 Bell Road.
7. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by BNP V Inc., d/b/a Ivy Jacks Package Store, 67 North Burbank Drive.
8. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Fairview 541 Inc., d/b/a King Tobacco and Package, 541 West Fairview Avenue.
9. Resolution appointing Leslie Sanders to the Industrial Development Board by Councillor Lee replacing Michael H. Luckett.
10. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
• 1065 Clay Street (Parcel # 11 01 11 4 009 009.000)
• 1007 Sayre Street (Parcel # 11 06 13 4 009 005.000)
• 1001 Rosa L Parks Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 13 4 012 005.000)
• 1007 Rosa L Parks Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 13 4 012 006.000)
• 1101 Sayre Street (Parcel # 11 06 13 4 017 003.000)
• 821 Sayre Street (Parcel # 11 06 13 4 001 008.000)
11. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.