City Council Meeting
- Date: 12/04/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
DECEMBER 4, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Jinright or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of November 20, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of November 20, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
- Mayoral Veto of Resolution No. 211-2018: Resolution to provide for the Enforcement of the Business License Code pertaining to Lease or Rental or Residential or Nonresidential Real Estate. Reasons: This resolution is ambiguous, superfluous and confusing as to the implementation authority. The City Council should not make laws through resolutions. The last item regarding a plan from Finance by the December 18th Council Meeting is agreeable and will be presented.
- Ordinance amending Chapter 12, Article II, Section 3 of the Code of Ordinances and creating a new division entitled “Vacant Building Registration”; to require property owners of Vacant Buildings and Structures to Register such properties with the City; to establish minimum standards of care and upkeep for the buildings; and to establish penalties for violations; provided, however, that such properties be subject to inspection prior to their re-use or re-occupancy.
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one lot located at 38 Hunter Lane from an R-100 (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-023)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning three parcels containing 30.02 acres located on the north side of Selma Highway, approximately 1100 feet west of Brewer Road, from an R-75-s (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District to an M-1 (Light Industrial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-024)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning two parcels of land on the east side of Norman Bridge Road, approximately 200 feet north of Russell Street (a/k/a 4409 & 4411 Norman Bridge Road), from an M-1 (Light Industrial) Zoning District to an M-3 (General Industrial) Zoning District. Not recommended by the Planning Commission. APPEALED. (RZ-2018-021)
- Resolution canceling the January 1, 2019 Council Meeting.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Nathan Blackman, AAA Upholstery, 1226 Madison Avenue.
- Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
- 3776 April Street (Parcel # 11 07 25 2 015 016.000)
- 3029 Fairwest Place (Parcel # 11 06 23 3 001 008.000)
- 1403 Bragg Street (Parcel # 11 06 24 2 004 015.000)
- 36 Davis Drive (Parcel # 10 09 31 2 003 018.000)
- 865 April Court (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 003 018.000)
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)