City Council Meeting
- Date: 09/18/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Larkin or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of September 4, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of September 4, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Ordinance establishing a Curfew for Minors. (Sponsored by Councillor Pruitt) (Carried over at 07-03-18 Meeting; MPD report on incidents with minors)
2. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Jackson and Johnson Associates Inc., d/b/a JW Beverettes Soul Food, 1172 South Decatur Street.
3. Ordinance authorizing assignment of Lease and Disposition of any Right, Title and Interest held by COM at Molton & Tallapoosa Streets (Embassy Suites) to Montgomery Funding II LLC.
4. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by COM to Cheryl D. Cabbagestalk located at 29, 637, 735, 752 Early Street; 632, 712, 723 Erskine Street; 639, 671, 716 Mill Street.
5. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by COM to Nehemiah Dials located at 810 Early Street.
6. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by COM to Temple of Restoration World Wide Ministry located at corner of Mobile Highway and Green Leaf Drive.
7. Show Cause Hearing on the proposed finalizing of the revocation of the Business License of Preeti Patel, d/b/a BP (Marathon) Station Thursday Inc., 762 South Perry Street.
8. Resolution finalizing the revocation of the Business License of Preeti Patel, d/b/a BP (Marathon) Station Thursday Inc., 762 South Perry Street.
9. Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Mullins and Watson LLC (Kent Mullins & Stacey Watson, d/b/a Bryson’s Fine Jewelry, 8073 Eastchase Parkway.
10. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Ishrat Food and Fuel In., d/b/a Kings Tobacco and Beverage, 4432 Troy Highway.
11. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by ABHISUNRAY INC., d/b/a 31 Pacecar, 7120 Mobile Highway (PJ). Sheriff Cunningham, Commissioner Dean, Councillor Jinright, and Chief Finley have no objections.
12. Resolution appointing Allison Pierce to the Medical Clinic Board – Metropolitan replacing Samuel Bolding. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
13. Resolution reappointing Ramona Blankenship to the Medical Clinic Board – Metropolitan. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
14. Resolution appointing 9 members of Building Code Board of Appeals. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
15. Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
16. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures at various locations pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
17. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.