City Council Meeting
- Date: 09/04/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Lyons or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of August 21, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of August 21, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article II, Section 25-33 of the Code of Ordinances: Collection and disposal service established; frequency of collections.
2. Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article III, Section 25-191 of the Code of Ordinances: Disposal of trash in residential areas.
3. Ordinance amending Chapter 16, Article II, Section 16-107 of the Code of Ordinances: Gasoline and oil tax – wholesale.
4. Ordinance amending FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2019 Operating and Debt Service Budget.
5. Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article II, Section 25-35 of the Code of Ordinances, Disposal of trash in residential areas generally.
6. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the west side of Alabama River Parkway from R-65-s (Single-Family Residential) and B-2 (Commercial) Zoning Districts to an M-1-Q (Light Industrial-Qualified), Restricted to Office and Warehouse/Storage Use, and the office/warehouse addition to be constructed in such a manner to allow quiet and peaceful possession of the homesteads to the west. Recommended by Planning Commission. (Applicant requested M-1, No Appeal) (RZ-2018-017)
7. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning property located at the southernmost end of Lafayette Street from a T2 (Rural Zone) SmartCode Zoning District to a T5 (Urban Center Zone) SmartCode Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-018)
8. Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 10.14.2 (SmartCode) of the Code of Ordinances to allow Mini-storage by a Warrant in T4-O, T4-C, and T5 SmartCode Zoning Districts. Recommended by Planning Commission.
9. Canvassing the Returns of the Special District 4 Election.
10. Resolution providing for the Designation of B.O.N.D.S. as the City of Montgomery Neighborhood Services Department. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
11. Resolution declaring compliance and no further action needed regarding the Business License of Amit Patel, d/b/a Chevron Food Mart, 2631 East South Boulevard.
12. Resolution revoking the Business License of Andrea Burton Bell, d/b/a Bell’s Collision Center, 4213 Norman Bridge Road for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing.
13. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Jackson and Johnson Associates Inc., d/b/a JW Beverettes Soul Food, 1172 South Decatur Street.
14. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Ram Ravan Inc., d/b/a Jack’s Liquor and Tobacco, 4614 A Virginia Loop Road.
15. Resolution reappointing Shakenya Calhoun to the Board of Trustees – Montgomery City/County Library. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
16. Resolution reappointing Janet Waller to the Board of Trustees – Montgomery City/County Library. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright).
17. Resolution reappointing Chester Mallory to the Board of Trustees – Montgomery City/County Library Board. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright).
18. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following location:
• 3833 Gaston Avenue – Parcel: 11 07 25 3 001 011.000
• 901 Edgar D. Nixon Avenue – Parcel: 11 06 13 4 006 012.000
• 3608 Kelly Lane – Parcel: 10 09 30 3 003 020.000
• 916 Sayre Street – Parcel: 11 06 13 4 006 028.000
• 2410 Palmetto Street – Parcel: 10 04 17 1 013 007.000
19. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures at various locations pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
20. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.