City Council Meeting
- Date: 08/21/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 21, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Bollinger or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of August 7, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of August 7, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the north side of Well Road, approximately 400 feet west of West Boulevard (3480 Well Road) from an R-99-s (Mobile Home Subdivision) Zoning District to an M-1 (Light Industrial) Zoning District. Planning Commission’s Motion to approve this request failed to pass, therefore, no action taken. APPEALED. (RZ-2008-003)
2. Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article II, Section 25-33 of the Code of Ordinances: Collection and disposal service established; frequency of collections.
3. Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article III, Section 25-191 of the Code of Ordinances: Disposal of trash in residential areas.
4. Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 16, Article II, Section 16-107 of the Code of Ordinances: Gasoline and oil tax – wholesale.
5. Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2019 Operating and Debt Service Budget.
6. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by D and L Enterprises Inc., d/b/a Larry’ Trading, 5615 Old Selma Road (PJ). Commissioner Dean has no objections; Sheriff Cunningham has objections; Councillor Jinright and Chief Finley have objections.
7. Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article II, Section 25-35 of the Code of Ordinances, Disposal of trash in residential areas generally.
8. Ordinance authorizing Sale of property owned by COM and no longer needed for pubic or municipal purposes (Oakwood Cemetery Grave Spaces).
9. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Adam Stuart, d/b/a Special Event Lighting, 1570 East Ann Street.
10. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Kingsley Iyobebe, d/b/a K and S Financial Group, 3038 Woodley Road.
11. Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay Sales Tax and authorizing Show Cause Hearing for Preeti Patel, d/b/a BP (Marathon) Station Thursday Inc., 762 South Perry Street.
12. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Star 123 Inc., d/b/a West Fairview Package Store, 427 West Fairview Avenue.
13. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Prattville Pizza Kitchen LLC, d/b/a Dragon Boat Festival, 355 Coosa Street.
14. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by Soriano and J Inc., d/b/a Clever Food Store, 1908 Mt. Meigs Road.
15. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by JAISA Enterprises LLC, d/b/a Nat King Cole Society Jazz Festival, 355 Coosa Street. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
16. Resolution appointing Renee Casillas to the Parks & Recreation Board by Councillor Lyons replacing George H. Cox.
17. Resolution appointing Verdie Rudolph to the Parks & Recreation Board by Councillor Bell replacing Bettye Key.
18. Resolution reappointing Paul Hankins to the Housing Authority by Councillor Jinright.
19. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following location:
• 728 West April Street (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 003 032.000)
• 919 Highland Avenue (Parcel # 10 04 18 1 004 010.001)
• 925 Highland Avenue (Parcel # 10 04 18 1 004 010.000)
• 3348 Roundtree Road (Parcel # 11 06 23 3 012 042.000)
• 3846 Maclamar Road (Parcel # 10 09 29 4 004 013.000)
20. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures at various locations pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
21. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.