City Council Meeting
- Date: 08/07/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 7, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Jinright or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of July 17, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of July 17, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Mayor’s Budget Message
Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article II, Section 25-33 of the Code of Ordinances: Collection and disposal service established; frequency of collections.
Ordinance amending Chapter 25, Article III, Section 25-191 of the Code of Ordinances: Disposal of trash in residential areas.
Ordinance amending Chapter 16, Article II, Section 16-107 of the Code of Ordinances: Gasoline and oil tax – wholesale.
Presentation of Ordinance amending FY 2018 Operating and Debt Service Budget and adopting FY 2019 Operating and Debt Service Budget. (To be carried over until the August 21st meeting for action after public hearing.)
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Mayoral Veto of Resolution No. 103-2018, finalization of revocation of Business License of Brian Moore, d/b/a Tenda Chick, 5951 Atlanta Highway. Reason: Paid.
2. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one lot located at 808 Martha Street from an R-60-d (Residential Duplex) Zoning District to a B-1-b (Central Business) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission, (RZ-2018-013)
3. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located at the southernmost end of Shae Park, approximately 450 feet east of Taylor Road, from an O-1 (Office) Zoning District to a B-3 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-015)
4. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the southeast side of Wetumpka Highway, approximately 700 feet south of Old Wetumpka Highway, from an AGR-2 (General Agriculture) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-016)
5. Ordinance amending Code of Ordinances, Chapter 5, Article III, Section 5.71(a)(2) (International Building Code - Boards).
6. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by the COM located at 1268 Clay Street to Robert Todd Woods.
7. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by the COM located at 1450 South Holt Street to Dwight K. Barnes.
8. Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate owned by the COM located at 1714 & 1722 South Holt Street to EIX Acquisition Company Corp.
9. Resolution appointing Election Officers (Poll workers) for District 4 Special Election.
10. Resolution authorizing Mayor Strange to make application for DOJ for FY 2018 Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) for $90,444: $54,266.40 to be used by MPD to purchase computers, monitors and supporting electronic equipment, and remainder to Montgomery Sheriff’s Office.
11. Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay Sales Tax and authorizing Show Cause Hearing for Amit Patel, d/b/a Chevron Food Mart, 2631 East South Boulevard.
12. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Albert Rudolph, d/b/a BJ’s Barbershop, 2651 East South Boulevard.
13. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business Li cense: Clinton C. Carter, PC, 325 North Hull Street.
14. Application for an Alternative Transportation Service by Katina Smith, d/b/a Where 2 Next Transportation LLC.
15. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by D and L Enterprises Inc., d/b/a Larry’ Trading, 5615 Old Selma Road (PJ). Commissioner Dean has no objections; Sheriff Cunningham has objections; Councillor Jinright and Chief Finley have objections.
16. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by The Juicy Seafood Restaurant Inc., d/b/a Juicy Seafood, 2690 Eastern Boulevard.
17. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Spartakus LLC, d/b/a Spartakus on the Border Cuisine, 1060 Eastern Boulevard.
18. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by US Hospitality LLC, d/b/a Saffron, 8868 Minnie Brown Road.
19. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Xscape Tapas Grille LLC, d/b/a Xscape Tapas Grille, 109 Eastern Boulevard.
20. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) by JELLA ALLEZ LLC, d/b/a DoReMi Karaoke, 2787 Bell Road.
21. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Event Concessions Inc., d/b/a Riley Green Concert, 300 Water Street, Union Station Train Shed.
22. Appeal of proposed demolition of structures on several parcels at Maxwell Heights by Cassandra Sheppard.
23. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following location:
• 10 East Vandiver Boulevard(Parcel # 04 09 32 2 002 003.000)
• 410 Loring Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 009 006.000)
• 447 South Jackson Street (Parcel # 10 04 18 1 014 011.000)
• 626 Erskine Street (Parcel # 11 06 24 2 015 012.000)
• 971 Ridgecrest Street (Parcel # 11 07 25 2 013 014.000)
• 1428 South Holt Street (Parcel # 11 06 24 2 003 006.000)
• 2816 West Edgemont Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 23 3 007 014.000)
24. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures at various locations pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
25. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.