City Council Meeting
- Date: 07/17/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
JULY 17, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Pruitt or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of July 3, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of July 3, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Resolution supporting Leonardo Diagnostic Retrieval System (DRS)
Trainer Aircraft in Tuskegee, Alabama
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Ordinance rezoning two acres on the southeast corner of Taylor Road and Halcyon Boulevard from PGH-35 (Patio-Garden Home) Zoning District and B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning Districts to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Planning Commission’s motion to approve failed to pass, therefore, no action was taken. APPEALED. (RZ-2017-011) WITHDRAWN
2. Ordinance amending Ordinance 70-1968 to increase designation of North Hull Historic District and Old Alabama Town.
3. Show Cause Hearing on the finalization of the revocation of Business License of Brian Moore, d/b/a Tenda Chick, 5951 Atlanta Highway.
4. Resolution finalizing the revocation of the Business License of Brian Moore, d/b/a Tenda Chick, 5951 Atlanta Highway.
5. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: John Paul Akwuba, d/b/a Bama Used Parts Inc., 4119 Mobile Highway.
6. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Kym Darveau, Yellowhammer Café, 1961 Bell Street.
7. Resolution approving issuance of Business License to Jarrell Smith, d/b/a Gentleman’s Lounge Barbershop, 5780 Woodmere Boulevard.
8. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Exotic Lounge LLC, d/b/a Exotic Lounge, 4130 Wetumpka Highway 231 North (PJ). Sheriff Cunningham and Commissioner Sankey have no objections; Councillor Lyons & Chief Finley have objections.
9. Application for Retail Beer (Off Premises Only) License by Linda Sanderson, d/b/a Narrow Lane Food Shop, 3851 Narrow Lane Road.
10. Application for Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) License by Coliseum 2018 Inc., d/b/a Coliseum Food Mart, 2090 Coliseum Boulevard.
11. Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Child Protect Inc., d/b/a Shindig, 454 South Goldthwaite Street. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
12. Resolution appointing Lisa Ruth Williams to the Mental Health Authority replacing Patricia Cobb. (Sponsored by Councillor Lee)
13. Resolution reappointing Conwell Hooper to the Montgomery Airport Authority by Councillor Pruitt.
14. Resolution reappointing Katie Williams to the Architectural Review Board by Councillor Jinright.
15. Resolution appointing Debbie Caldwell to the Board of Directors of the Arts Council by Councillor Jinright replacing Irene Dietrich.
16. Resolution reappointing John Foshee, Jr. to the Board of Adjustment & Appeals – Building Code by Councillor Jinright.
17. Resolution appointing Lawrence A. Crisp to the Housing Code Board of Review by Councillor Jinright.
18. Resolution reappointing Mike Scanlon to the Board of Adjustment & Appeals – Plumbing by Councillor Jinright.
19. Resolution reappointing Kenneth Crosby to the Electrical Board of Adjustment & Appeals by Councillor Jinright.
20. Resolution reappointing Ronald C. Brown to the Board of Trustees – Retirement Fund by Councillor Jinright.
21. Resolution reappointing Williams C. Barranco to the Doctor’s Park Medical Clinic Board. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
22. Resolution reappointing Melvin Clinton Freeman, Jr. to the Doctor’s Park Medical Clinic Board. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
23. Resolution reappointing Laurens Pierce to the Doctor’s Park Medical Clinic Board. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
24. Resolution appointing Becky Hart to the Medical Clinic Board – 1969 replacing Trice Nichols. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
25. Resolution appointing Jake Dean to the Medical Clinic Board – 1969 replacing Gerald L. Guin. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
26. Resolution reappointing Mark Pierce to the Medical Clinic Board – 1969. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
27. Resolution reappointing Flynn Mozingo to the Medical Clinic Board – Southside. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
28. Resolution reappointing Donnie Robinson to the Medical Clinic Board – Southside. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
29. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following location:
• 3519 Dalraida Court (Parcel # 10 02 03 3 005 011.000)
• 614 Claudette Colvin Drive (Parcel # 10 03 08 1 002 005.000)
• 4029 Rosa L Parks Avenue (Parcel # 11 07 25 4 007 022.000)
• 614 Juliette Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 016 008.000)
• 427 McGinnis Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 2 008 004.000)
30. Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
31. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures at various locations pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
32. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.