City Council Meeting
- Date: 05/01/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
MAY 1, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Burkette or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of April 17, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of April 17, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Appeal of demolition of 923 Hutchinson Street (Parcel # 10 04 18 1 021 021.000) by Myron K. Bell. (Carried over from December 19, 2017, March 20, 2018, April 17, 2018)
2. Ordinance rezoning one (1) lot located at 3823 Southmont Drive from an R-75-s (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District to a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-003)
3. Resolution authorizing Mayor Strange to make application to HUD for Substantial Amendments under Community Development Block Group and HOME Investment Partnerships Programs.
4. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning two lots located on the northeast side of Ray Thorington Road, 194 feet south of Wisdomwood Road (345 and 375 Ray Thorington Road), from an O-1 (Office) Zoning District to a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District. Recommended by Planning Commission with restrictions. (RZ-2018-004)
5. Ordinance assessing Ad Valorem Taxes for the Tax Year beginning October 1, 2017 and ending September 30, 2018.
6. Resolution authorizing Deannexation of 3240 E. Avalon Parkway.
7. Resolution recognizing May 2018 as National Historic Preservation Month.
8. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business in the City of Montgomery: Jerry Cook, d/b/a Club 322, 322 North Lawrence Street.
9. Application for Retail Beer (Off Premises Only) License by Coliseum 2018 Inc., d/b/a Coliseum Food Mart, 2090 Coliseum Boulevard.
10. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Licenses by Shohid Zia Inc., d/b/a Holt Street Grocery, 1301 South Holt Street.
11. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) Licenses by PJS House of Crema LLC, d/b/a Prevail Union Montgomery, 39 Dexter Avenue, Suite 102.
12. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Roderick Battle, d/b/a Utopia Event Center, 5050 Narrow Lane Road.
13. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Wingers LLC, d/b/a Wingers Sports Grill, 445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 1010.
14. Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by The Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum Association Inc., d/b/a The Fitzgerald Museum Gala and Silent Auction, 919 Felder Avenue.
15. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Bombers Pub, d/b/a Bombers Pub and Grill LLC, 2600 North Belt Drive. (Sponsored by Councillor Lyons)
16. Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by MRDF, d/b/a League of Municipalities, Court Square on Dexter. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
17. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of an unsafe structure at the following locations:
• 1105 Oak Street (Parcel # 11 06 13 3 006 005.000)
• 1618 Edgar D. Nixon Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 24 1 013 025.000)
• 3601 South Court Street (Parcel # 10 09 30 2 006 005.000)
• 2014 South Lincoln Terrace (Parcel # 11 06 14 4 017 095.000)
• 2062 South Lincoln Terrace (Parcel # 11 06 14 4 017 088.000)
18. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.