City Council Meeting
- Date: 03/06/2018 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
MARCH 6, 2018 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Jinright or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of February 20, 2018 Work Session Minutes
Approval of February 20, 2018 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Resolution reappointing Les Hayes as a Municipal Judge of the City of Montgomery.
2. Resolution reappointing Virgil Ford as a Municipal Judge of the City of Montgomery.
3. Resolution reappointing David Vickers as a Municipal Judge of the City of Montgomery.
4. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning property located at 327 Cory Street from a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District to a B-1-b (Central Business) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-001)
5. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located at 428 West Jeff Davis Avenue from an O-1 (Office) Zoning District to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Recommended by the Planning Commission. (RZ-2018-002)
6. Ordinance authorizing the Disposition of Real Property located at 1751 E. D. Nixon Avenue to Aletheia House Inc. for construction of Senior Housing Units Using HUD HOME funds.
7. Ordinance granting approval to Child Protect, Inc., to construct, install, and maintain an asphalt paved parking lot, along with associated drive aisles and curb and gutter within an existing 15 foot storm drainage easement associated with Genetta Ditch culvert located at 934 South Perry Street.
8. Ordinance granting approval to KWEST Enterprises to construct, install, and maintain concrete paving over a portion of ROW of Parker Street.
9. Ordinance authorizing the issuance and making provision for the payment of $32,000,000 General Obligation Warrants.
10. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Four Zone Inc., d/b/a 4 Stop Tobacco and Beverage, 1410 Mobile Road.
11. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by SNJ Enterprises Inc., d/b/a Kwik Serve 1, 4000 Troy Highway.
12. Application for an Alternative Transportation Service by Terrance K. Boyd, d/b/a Alternate Route, 1460 Ann Street, Suite F.
13. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
The Council Meetings will be held in the Council Auditorium, 103 North Perry Street, Montgomery, Alabama.
All meetings are open to the public. For additional information, contact the City Clerk’s Office, 334-625-2096.