October 17 Council Meeting Summary
The following City Council Agenda Items were heard and passed during October 17th, meeting:
The following Agenda Item was carried over until the January 2, 2018 Regular City Council meeting:
- Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land containing 12.5 acres located on the north side of Taylor Road East*, approximately 700 feet east of Taylor Road, from an AGR-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District to a PGH-40 (Patio-Garden Home) Zoning District. (RZ-2005-035). Not Recommended by the Planning Commission. APPEALED.
The following Applications were approved by the City Council:
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Shocker Foods LLC, d/b/a Rock N Roll Sushi, 1470 Taylor Road.
- Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) by Litaly LLC, d/b/a Bibb Street Pizza Co., 424 Bibb Street, Suite 100.
- Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by DOLGENCORP LLC, d/b/a Dollar General Store 16117, 4850 Mobile Highway.
- Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by Moon 2015 Inc., d/b/a Highland Meat and Grocery, 2710 Highland Avenue.
- Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by Bhakti 41 Inc., d/b/a Citgo Troy Highway, 4291 Troy Highway.
- Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Event Concessions Inc., d/b/a Cody Jinks Concert 2017, 300 Water Street, Downtown Trainshed. (Sponsored by Councillor Larkin)
- Application for a Special Retail – More than 30 Days Liquor License by Aramark Educational Services LLC, d/b/a ASU Acadome, 1593 Robert C. Hatch.
- Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Jubilee Community Center, d/b/a Jubilee Community Center, 432 South Goldthwaite Street for October 21, 2017.
- Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Jubilee Community Center, d/b/a Jubilee Community Center, 432 South Goldthwaite Street for November 2 and 4, 2017.
The following Resolutions were adopted by the City Council:
- Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
- Resolution assenting to the vacation of a portion of McGowan Street.
- Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay Sales Tax and authorizing Show Cause Hearing for William Posey, d/b/a Club Big Boyz Two, 620 South Holt Street.
The City Council upheld the following item; Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et seq., Code of Alabama the following structures were authorized for demolition:
- 517 Rosa L Parks Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 13 1 006 002.000).
- 558 S. Bainbridge Street (Parcel # 10 04 18 2 004 016.000).
- 613 Lucy Street (Parcel # 11 06 14 1 014 008.000).
- 733 Clover Hill Drive (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 011 006.000).
- 816 Rosa L Parks Avenue (Parcel # 11 06 13 3 001 034.000).
- 3923 Mobile Highway (Parcel # 11 08 27 4 015 003.000).
- 4964 Gaston Avenue (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 011 026.000).
- 4084 Gaston Avenue (Parcel # 11 07 25 3 011 022.000).
The following individuals were appointed or re-appointed to a municipal board:
- Resolution reappointing Mayor Strange to The Solid Waste Disposal Authority.
- Resolution reappointing Charles Jinright to The Solid Waste Disposal Authority.
- Resolution appointing Charles Price to The Alabama Capital Region Solid Waste disposal Authority.
- Resolution appointing Dallas Hanbury to the Montgomery Historic Preservation Commission by Councillor Jinright replacing Wilbur Hill.
- Resolution appointing Barry Crabb to The Alabama Capital Region Solid Waste Disposal Authority.
- Resolution appointing Clay McInnis to the City of Montgomery Planning Commission.