2018 Camellia Bowl Parking, Traffic Release
Events begin Friday at 5 p.m.
MONTGOMERY – 2018 Raycom Media ESPN Camellia Bowl game week has arrived as Montgomery welcomes players and coaches from Georgia Southern University and Eastern Michigan University to town Tuesday. City officials released information regarding public safety, parking access and traffic for the weekend festivities and events leading up to the big game.
Events begin Friday at 5 p.m. with team pep rallies at the Union Station Train Shed. Montgomery’s Christmas & Camellia Bowl Parade will wind down Dexter Avenue from the state capitol to the Court Square Fountain beginning at 6:15 p.m. Friday. Streets along the parade route will close at 5:30 p.m. Friday:
• Dexter Avenue from South Court Street to Bainbridge;
• N. Hilliard from Madison to Pelham;
• Jackson from Madison to Washington Avenue;
• Ripley St. from Madison to Washington Avenue;
• N. Union from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• Bainbridge from Madison to Washington;
• Decatur from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• Hull from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• McDonough St. from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• Lawrence from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• Perry from Monroe to Washington Avenue;
• Lee Street from Montgomery to South Court Streets;
• First Alabama Plaza at Coosa Street;
PARADE PARKING CHANGES
No Parking All Day Friday:
• Monroe Street from Hilliard to Bainbridge Street.
• Dexter Avenue from Decatur Street to South Perry Street.
No Parking after 3:00 p.m. on Friday until end of Parade:
• South Perry Street from Dexter Avenue to Jefferson Street.
• First Alabama Plaza at Coosa Streets
Events on Saturday kick off with the Guardian Credit Union Fan Fest at Paterson Field at 12:30 p.m. The Allstate Insurance Parent’s Tailgate Party runs from 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday at Paterson Field. Eastern Michigan will hold a pep rally at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Paterson Field, while Georgia Southern’s Saturday pep rally is slated for 2 p.m. at Paterson Field.
Gates at Cramton Bowl open Saturday at 2:30 p.m., with kick off slated for 4:30 p.m. The night will culminate in a trophy presentation and post-game press conference.
As preparations for the Camellia Bowl and Fan Fest begin, the following streets will close and reopen overnight Saturday:
- Madison Avenue from Jackson to Hall Streets (in front of the Cramton Bowl) will close overnight Friday.
- Parking Lot K must be accessed by Upper Wetumpka Road. (Pass Required)
- Parking Lot J must be accessed by Upper Wetumpka Road (Pass Required/Handicap Parking)
- Hard close on Madison Avenue from Jackson Street to S. Capitol Pkwy at 9:00 a.m. Saturday.
- Hall Street will be closed beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday from Adams Avenue to Madison Avenue.
- Lots A & B may be accessed by Hall Street. (Pass Required).
All Parking LOTS/DECKS open at 10:00am unless otherwise noted:
- Parking Passes are REQUIRED to enter Lots A, B, D, F, G, J and K.
- Lots A and B may be accessed by Hall Street with a pass.
- Lots K & J may be accessed by using Upper Wetumpka Road.
- Lot J is also designated Handicap Parking
Four Lots will be available for parking, free for this game:
• Tallapoosa Street/Commerce Street (1)
• Biscuits Lots on Columbus Street (3)
Six Parking Decks downtown will be available for parking:
- Municipal Deck – Madison Avenue/Court Street - FREE PARKING
- Intermodal Deck – Molton Street/Water Street - FREE PARKING
- Coosa Street Deck – Tallapoosa Street/Coosa Street - FREE PARKING for Game
- RSA-Tower Deck – Monroe Street/Perry Street - Non-Reserved Spaces / FREE PARKING
- RSA-Capitol Deck – Madison Avenue/Decatur Street - Non-Reserved Spaces / FREE PARKING
- RSA-Union Deck – Madison Avenue/Ripley Street - Non-Reserved Spaces/ FREE PARKING
RV Parking will be available beginning December 14 at noon. Lot C is designated for RV Parking. Pop-Up Tents are NOT ALLOWED in Lot C. RV parking spaces with electrical hookups cost $50, and spaces without power cost $40. Those interested in securing a RV parking can contact Roman Williams at (334) 538-8800 or email@example.com.
Reserved tailgating is available beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday at Lot E, located between Madison Avenue and Monroe Street, for $20 per space. Managed by EAT South, proceeds will benefit this River Region nonprofit urban teaching farm empowering the community to change the way food travels from the ground to plates. To reserve a space email firstname.lastname@example.org (Method Preferred) or call (334) 422-9331 and specify whether you are from Georgia Southern or Eastern Michigan to guarantee a space in the correct section. No electrical outlets are available in Lot E.
Free shuttle service begins Saturday at noon for those attending the game and fan events. Shuttling will continue during the game, as well as 1.5 hours after the game or until all patrons have been picked up/dropped by the shuttles.
Shuttle Pick-Up/Drop-Off Points:
- Madison Avenue/Hilliard Street
- RSA-Union Deck
- RSA-Capitol Deck
- Municipal Deck
- Tallapoosa Street/Molton Street
- Biscuits Lots
- Coosa Street Deck
Upon entering Cramton Bowl, every patron will be wanded. Umbrellas, long camera lenses, selfie sticks or pocket knives are not permitted. Any bags must be CLEAR 12x12 or less and will be THOROUGHLY SEARCHED. Express lines are available for those without bags, and multiple lines will be available at each gate.
Tickets are still available at CamelliaBowl.com and will also be available for purchase at Cramton Bowl’s Gate 5 Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 10 a.m. Tickets can be purchased at all gates beginning at 2:30pm Saturday. Will call tickets and online orders can be picked up at any gate after 2:30pm Saturday. Eastern Michigan Player Passes/Will Call will be at Gate 4; Georgia Southern Player Passes/Will Call will be at Gate 8.