Legal Department's Function
• Litigation - We represent the City and, often, its employees in lawsuits filed against or on behalf of the City.
• Claims against the City - We collect funds for injury or damage to City personnel, property and equipment.
• Administrative Law - We represent and provide legal services for various departments in matters involving administrative and personnel matters.
• City Prosecutors - We provide attorneys for prosecution of City Code and state law violations in the City Municipal Court and in appeals from decisions of that court.
• Contracts and Real Estate - We provide legal services for the City in the preparation and review of all types of contracts involving the City and represent the City in real estate transactions.