Gun safety is the most important part of gun ownership not only for you, but those around you. This course is offered to everyone interested in become a responsible handgun owner. This course is offered at no cost and is available only a few times a year.
This course will teach the following basic skills, knowledge and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely;
- The Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- The different types of handguns and ammunition
- How to properly care for and clean your firearm
- Laws regarding the proper transportation and storage of firearms
- Discuss alternatives to carrying handguns
- How to avoid danger
- Legal responsibility of owning a handgun.
Requirements for registration:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- You must have a Pistol Permit obtained from county sheriff’s office.
- If you have your own handgun, you may bring it and no more than 12 rounds of ammo for it. If you do not own a handgun and wish to participate in this course, one will be provided for you during the range portion of the class.
Length of Course:
8 hours – All classes will be offered on Saturday's only - You must attend the full 8 hours to complete the course!
You will receive a certificate and a handy laminated wallet card upon completion.
All training will be located at the Montgomery police firing range located at 5880 Old Hayneville Road Montgomery, AL 36108. Click here for map!
To sign up, please click on date in event box to the right of the page and select the date you would like to register for. If you any have further questions, please give us a call at: 625-4812 or 625-4811. Or you may e-mail your questions and/or registration info to: email@example.com Please have your pistol permit in hand when calling to register. We will need your permit number and expiration date.
Universal Firearms Safety Rules to Remember:
- Rule #1: Always treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Rule #2: Keep your finger OFF the trigger until you have positively identified a threat and have made a decision to engage
- Rule #3: Never let your muzzle cover anything you are not willing to kill or destroy
- Rule #4: Know your arc of fire- Know what is beyond your target if you were to miss.