City Council Meeting
- Date: 12/16/2014 5:00 PM
- Location: City Hall, Council Auditorium
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
DECEMBER 16, 2014 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Pruitt or Guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of December 2, 2014 Work Session Minutes
Approval of December 2, 2014 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Resolution supporting Mayor Strange disputing the Federal litigation brought against the City of Montgomery for AT&T’s use of a cell tower. (Sponsored by Councillor Pruitt)
2. Ordinance rezoning property located on the south side of Federal Drive, approximately 800 feet west of Coliseum Boulevard, from B-3 (Commercial) and INST (Institutional) Zoning Districts to a B-2 (Commercial) Zoning District. Planning Commission took no action on the request. APPEALED. (RE-2014-018)
3. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Tina Crawley Walters, d/b/a Taqueria Los Primos, 4426 Troy Highway.
4. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Zhoura Inc., d/b/a Redzone Package Store, 3035 Woodley Road.
5. Ordinance amending Ordinance No. 61-2014 Voting Precincts to change 7D from Huntingdon College, 3139 Jim Wilson Loop West to Leo J. Drum Theater, 1125 East Fairview Avenue
6. Resolution changing the date of Council Meeting to coincide with canvassing the returns of Municipal Run-off Election.
7. Resolution declaring March 27, 2015 as Volunteer Coaches Recognition Day. (Sponsored by Councillor Burkette)
8. Appeal of Architectural Review Board Action regarding Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum, 919 Felder Avenue.
9. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by J and H Bar and Grill LLC, d/b/a Candlelight Bar and Grill, 1110 West South Boulevard.
10. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Licenses by Riddhi Siddhi, Inc., Citgo 3, 2051 Bell Street.
11. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Licenses by ALPA LLC, d/b/a Chevron Gas and Food, 2631 East South Boulevard.
12. Application for a Special Retail – More Than 30 Days Liquor License by Turner Food Systems LLC, d/b/a Turner Food Systems, 1022 Madison Avenue.
13. Application for a Taxicab Company by Juan Wilson, d/b/a Wilson Cab Company, 1355 North Court Street.
14. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of an unsafe structure at 674 West Jeff Davis Avenue.
15. Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of an unsafe structure at 1103 Lynwood Drive.
16. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Ordinance No. 34-2009.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)