City Council Meeting
- Date: 01/21/2020 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
JANAURY 21, 2020 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor McInnis or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of January 7, 2020 Work Session Minutes
Approval of January 7, 2020 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
- Resolution authorizing Incorporation of Montgomery Exposition Cooperative District, Election of Directors and authorization for certain actions.
- Ordinance granting a license to YMCA of Greater Montgomery to construct, install, and maintain a sign on a portion of ROW of Park Crossing Drive at the intersection of Chastain Park Drive.
- Show Cause Hearing on proposed Resolution revoking the Business License of Melinda Futrell, d/b/a Club Sky Bar, 3627 Debby Drive.
- Resolution revoking the Business License of Melinda Futrell, d/b/a Club Sky Bar, 3627 Debby Drive.
- Show Cause Hearing on proposed Resolution revoking the Business License of Nedra Allen, d/b/a After 5, 3637 Debby Drive.
- Resolution revoking the Business License of Nedra Allen, d/b/a After 5, 3637 Debby Drive.
- Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Mandy Pahman, d/b/a The Zip Line, 21 Coliseum Boulevard.
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Euphoria Seafood and BBG Inc., d/b/a Euphoria Seafood and BBQ, 1060 Eastern Boulevard.
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Bottle Paradise Inc., d/b/a Bottle Paradise, 1709 Carter Hill Road.
- Resolution reappointing Jim Wilson III to The Taylor-Ryan Improvement District. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
- Resolution reappointing Crews Reaves to the Planning Commission by Councillor Bollinger.
- Resolution reappointing Brian Mann to the Montgomery Historic Preservation Commission by Councillor McInnis.
- Resolution appointing Jake Johnson to the Architectural Review Board by Councillor McInnis replacing J. Barrett Penney.
- Resolution reappointing Pickett Reese to the Board of Adjustment by Councillor McInnis.
- Resolution reappointing Reg Mantooth to the Planning Commission by Councillor McInnis.
- Pursuant to Section 11-53-B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
- 1837 Michael Street – Parcel # 11 06 23 1 025 008.000
- 1214 South Decatur Street – Parcel # 10 04 18 3 025 040.000
- 1220 South Decatur Street – Parcel # 10 04 18 3 025 039.000
- 1228 South Decatur Street – Parcel # 10 04 18 3 025 038.000
- 934 South McDonough Street – Parcel # 10 04 18 3 008 017.000
- Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)