City Council Meeting
- Date: 03/03/2020 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
MARCH 3, 2020 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Bollinger or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of February 18, 2020 Work Session Minutes
Approval of February 18, 2020 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Mayoral Veto of Resolution No. 33-2020 revoking the Business License of Mandy Pahman, d/b/a The Zip Line, 21 Coliseum Boulevard. Reason: Paid in full. Business in compliance.
2. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class II (Package) License by Bottle Paradise Inc., d/b/a Bottle Paradise, 1709 Carter Hill Road. (Carried over January 21 & February 4, 2020)
3. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the east side of Ann Street, between Althea Street and Thrasher Street, from an R-60-m (Multi-Family Residential) Zoning District to a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District, restricted to self-storage and climate controlled warehouse. Applicant requested B-2; Planning Commission recommended B-2-Q. No Appeal Received. (RZ-2007-037)
4. Hearing on proposed Ordinance rezoning one parcel of land located on the north side of Atlanta Highway, approximately 1000 feet west of Sprott Drive, from an AGR-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District to a B-2-Q (Commercial-Qualified) Zoning District, restricted to auto and truck repair business. Applicant requested B-2; Planning Commission recommended B-2-Q. No Appeal Received. (RZ-2020-003)
5. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) License by PRA Management LLC, d/b/a ZTEC McGehee Road, 3001 McGehee Road. (Carried over February 4 & 18, 2020)
6. Pursuant to Section 11-53-B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
• 5925 Provost Avenue – Parcel # 15 01 02 1 004 043.000
• 5923 Provost Avenue – Parcel # 15 01 02 1 004 042.00
• 5919 Provost Avenue – Parcel # 15 01 02 1 004 041.000
(Carried over February 4, 2020 Meeting for 30 day review with deed & renovation plan.)
7. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by B TopSpot LLC, d/b/a B Topspot, 2645 Forbes Drive. (Carried over February 18, 2020)
8. Application for a Special Retail – More Than 30 Days Liquor License by Empire Multimedia
Group LLC, d/b/a Empire Entertainment Center, 2416 East South Boulevard. (Carried over February 18, 2020)
9. Ordinance authorizing the issuance of $27,000,000 of General Obligation Refunding Warrants, Series 2020 and making provisions for payment thereof.
10. Resolution calling for the Redemption of all the City’s General Obligation Warrants, Series 2010-A.
11. Review of overcrowding violation issued by the Montgomery Fire Department to Frank Walker, d/b/a Xscape Tapas Grill, 109 Eastern Boulevard. (2nd violation)
12. Resolution appointing Councillor Graham as the Voting Delegate to the Alabama League of Municipalities Convention May 16-19-2020.
13. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) by S I P Happens LLC, d/b/a Wine and Design, 7732 EastChase Parkway.
14. Application for Retail Beer (On or Off Premises) by Julieann M. Nguyen, d/b/a J and D Seafood, 461 A North Eastern Boulevard.
15. Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by BD Shops Inc., d/b/a BD Express Citgo, 1301 Eastern Boulevard.
16. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Brent Koerting, d/b/a Santa Barbara, 2801 Vaughn Plaza Road Suite X.
17. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by The Yu Bar and Grill Inc., d/b/a Stop the Violence Concert, 555 Eastern Boulevard.
18. Application for a Special Events Retail Liquor License by Lightning Line LLC, d/b/a Alabama Beer Ballot, 300 Water Street.
19. Application for an Alternative Transportation Service by Daniel Duerr, d/b/a SSS Transport.
20. Appeal of proposed demolition of unsafe structure at 5929 Provost Avenue by Samuel L. Coleman & Elaine S. Coleman.
21. Appeal of proposed demolition of unsafe structure at 2446 Sandy Street by Paris Harris.
22. Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
23. Pursuant to Section 11-53-B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
• 3819 Edgar D. Nixon Ave – Parcel # 11 07 25 4 002 004.000
• 332 Arthur St – Parcel # 10 03 08 4 009 017.000
• 817 Clarmont Ave – Parcel # 10 03 05 4 015.000
24. Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama.
25. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
26. Learnest Martin, Westside Improvement Association to address Council. (Sponsored by Councillor Graham)
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)
Watch Council Meeting OnlineThe Capital City Connection (CCC) is an educational-government program designed to provide 24/7 viewing of City-related events and activities, including live City Council, Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meetings, press conferences, tours of the Montgomery Zoo, Parks & Recreation sporting events, storybook time by the City-County Library and more.
CCC can be found on Charter Cable channel 181 and WOW! Cable channel 96. You can catch up on our programs available on YouTube!