City Council Meeting
- Date: 08/06/2019 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery City Hall
103 North Perry Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
(PLEASE NOTE: THE WORK SESSION BEGINS AT 2:00 PM AND THE COUNCIL MEETING AT 3:00 PM FOR THIS MEETING ONLY)
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 6, 2019 – 3:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Green or guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of July 16, 2019 Work Session Minutes
Approval of July 16, 2019 Regular Council Meeting Minutes Mayor’s Message
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance reasoning one parcel of land containing 34 acres located on the west side of West Boulevard, approximately 3700 feet south of Birmingham Highway, from an M-3 (General Industrial) Zoning District to an AGR-1 (Residential Agriculture) Zoning District.Recommended by the Planning Commission.(RZ-2019-006)
- Hearing on proposed Ordinance amending Code of Ordinances Appendix C – Zoning (Article VI), SmartCode, Article 1, Sections 1.4.3, 1.4.7, 1.4.9, 1.4.10, 1.4.11(a), 1.5.1, 1.5.2 & 1.5.3; Article 2, Section 2.1.3; Article 3, Section 3.1.3; Article 4, Sections 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.3 and 4.6.4; Article 5, Section 5.1.3; Article 6, Section 6.3, Article 7, Table 10 and Illustrations 14C and 14D; Article 8, Sections 1.4.2 and 1.4.3; and Definition of Terms.Recommended by the Planning Commission.
- Ordinance authorizing Purchase and Sale Agreement and Sale of Real Estate to Jerry Kyser Builder, Inc., located at 0 Randolph Street.
- Ordinance granting to the Water Works & Sanitary Sewer Board a Franchise for the Operation of a Sewer System.
- Letter from Mayor Strange certifying that Charles W. Jinright is the only person who filed a Statement of Candidacy for Councilman for District 9 & Resolution certifying Charles W. Jinright as duly elected as Councilman for District 9.
- Resolutionauthorizing issuance of Business License to James Gray, d/b/a Mr. Transmission, 1162 East South Boulevard.
- Resolution authorizing issuance of Business License to Bharat Patel & Ramesh Patel, a/k/a J & K Sai Hospitality LLC, d/b/a Alabama Hotel, 5924 Monticello Drive.
- Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay Sales Tax and authorizing a Show Cause Hearing for Gerardo Gutierrez, d/b/a Magic Nights, 2730 East South Boulevard.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License:Kymberly Darveau, d/b/a Yellowhammer Café, 1961 Bell Street.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License:Patrick Monfiston & Andrew Davidson, d/b/a Spot Light Lounge, Carwash and Pool Hall, 3367 Old Selma Road.
- Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License:Jonathan Vanermen, d/b/a Apex Listings, 5748 Carmichael Parkway.
- Application for Retail Beer & Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by 2019 Four Plus Inc., d/b/a Kwik Mart, 2949 Forbes Drive.
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Uptown Bar and Grill LLC, d/b/a Uptown Bar and Grill, 2801 Vaughn Road.
- Resolution reappointing Kahlia Lyllese Bell to the Architectural Review Board by Councillor Graham.
- Resolution concurring in the reappointment Denise Davis-Maye to the Board of Directors of Human Resources.Sponsored by Councillor Jinright.
- Resolution concurring in the reappointment of Henry L. Jackson, Jr. to the Board of Directors of Human Resources.Sponsored by Councillor Jinright
- Resolution concurring in the reappointment of George Goodwyn to the Board of Directors of Human Resources.Sponsored by Councillor Jinright.
- Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
- Pursuant to Section 11-53B-1 et Seq., Code of Alabama, authorization of demolition of unsafe structures at the following locations:
- 2421 Lower Wetumpka – Parcel # 04 09 32 3 004 034.000
- 217 North California St – Parcel # 10 03 08 1 006 018.000
- 818 Buford St - Parcel # 10 04 17 1 024 013.000
- 410 Clayton St – Parcel # 11 01 12 4 010 017.000
- 4200 Spring Park Ct – Parcel # 15 02 10 2 006 007.000
- Resolution assessing the cost of abatement of unsafe structures on various lots pursuant to Section 11-53-B-1 et Seq. Code of Alabama.
- Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee
Public Communications on Non-Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the City Clerk must have been contacted prior to Noon Monday)