Anyone engaging in the electrical business in Montgomery should be a qualified Electrical Contractor and have a current City of Montgomery Business License.
Electrical permits are issued for:
- electrical contractors who are licensed by the Alabama Electrical Contractors Board
- the installation of electrical wiring or wiring illuminated and/or neon signs
Electrical installations should conform to:
- 2017 NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- 2015 ICC International Building Code
- City of Montgomery Code of Ordinances Electrical Code
- Alabama Energy and Residential Code
For information call 334-625-2081.