The Domestic Violence Bureau provides comprehensive services to victims of crime in a qualified relationship - that relationship being a current or former spouse, current or former household member, child, parent, have child in common or involved in a dating/engagement relationship with the offender. Services range from safety planning and order of protection assistance to stalking case analysis, research and preparation for prosecution.
Community accountability and education has been accomplished by joining with area service providers, agencies, schools, the courts and the business community to form the Montgomery Domestic Violence Task Force.
If you are being abused and want help, call:
24 Hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-650-6522
You will be connected to the Domestic Violence Shelter program that can assist you with emergency housing, crisis counseling, referrals, information and support.
Resources for Domestic Violence Victims
If you are in immediate danger, call 911. Other important numbers include:
- Domestic Violence Bureau: 334-625-2900
- Non Emergency: 334-241-2651
- Family Sunshine Center: 334-206-2100
- Crisis Line: 334-263-0218
- Legal Services: 334-832-4570
- Dept. Of Human Resources: 334-293-3332
- Municipal Court: 334-241-2776
- Alabama Crime Victim’s Compensation: 334-290-4420
- Domestic Relations: 334-261-4100