The Downtown Environmental Alliance (the Alliance) will facilitate a Community Outreach Group of interested citizens to learn about the Capital City Plume (CCP) project. Members either live, work or own property in downtown Montgomery and have diverse interest in the project. The COG serves to aid the local community in understanding the work being performed on the CCP project. The COG provides a link between the community and the Alliance and assists in keeping the downtown community informed about project activities.
- Member Contact Information (pdf) - includes member names, email, and phone numbers.
COG representatives are expected to attend meetings to learn about project work and provide comments and questions from the community’s point of view. COG representatives are asked to share information with others and exchange ideas and input with the Alliance. Membership on the COG is voluntary. There is no compensation for serving on the COG.
- January 21, 2016 - Orientation meeting
- May 3, 2016 - Kick-off of Phase I field Work
- September 1, 2016 - Kick-off of Phase II Field Work
- April 25, 2017 - Discussed draft Supplemental Environmental Investigation Report to be submitted to ADEM May 2017
- July 10, 2018 - Meeting to discuss Risk Assessment/Alternatives Analysis report
- June 4, 2019 - COG meeting to review proposed Institutional Controls for site