For Employees, Retirees, and Dependents enrolled in the City's Group Health Plan:
The City of Montgomery is making these changes to ensure its members can swiftly access the right care in the right setting during this time. These comprehensive steps taken mean that City of Montgomery employees, retirees, and dependents enrolled in the health plan will have broader access to medical services they may need should they become ill with COVID-19.
* COVID-19 Testing - the plan will waive prior authorizations and cover medically necessary diagnostic tests that are consistent with CDC guidance related to the COVID-19 at no cost to the member. Any care needed once diagnosis of COVID-19 has occurred will be covered consistent with the standard provisions of the member's health benefits.
Visit www.AlabamaBlue.com/Coronavirus for more information.
* BCBS Telehealth Services - Free telehealth services are available to all members beginning March 16, 2020. Telehealth allows in-network providers to provide medically necessary services to members that can be appropriately delivered via telephone consultation. This is applicable for members who wish to receive their care remotely and wish to limit their exposure. It can also serve as an initial screening for members who need to be tested for COVID- 19.
* Prescriptions - the plan will increase access to prescription medications by waiving early medication refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications (consistent with a member's benefit plan) and/or encouraging members to use their 90-day mail order benefit. The City will also ensure formulary flexibility if there are shortages or access issues. Patients will not be liable for additional charges that stem from obtaining a non-preferred medication if the preferred medication is not available due to shortage or access issues.
*The City will extend the end date for former users of the International Drug Program from March 31st to June 30, 2020.
* CareHere Wellness Centers - per CDC recommendations, CareHere has activated TeleVisits for patients with coronavirus symptoms. Patients with symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, and/or cough, should not enter the health center, these patients should schedule a TeleVisit.
1. Schedule a TeleVisit
1. Make a Medical appointment
2. Enter 'TeleVisit' and contact number in the Reason for Visit section (Be sure not to ignore the unknown number when CareHere calls you)
2. During your TeleVisit, the need for testing and in-person clinical care will be determined.
Patients can also schedule a TeleVisit by calling 1-877-423-1330, but could be subject to longer than normal wait times due to the volume created by the coronavirus.
* Teladoc - all members enrolled in the City's HMP Plan have access to Teladoc for only $10/call. Register online www.teladoc.com/alabama or by calling 1-855-477-4549.
* Mental Health - during this stressful time, it is important to manage your stress and take care of your mental health. Contact EAP at 1-800-925-5327 or go online www.americanbehavioral.com.
View the 2020 COVID-19: Facts To Know webinar.
More Information - for the most current and up-to-date information you may refer to
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Testing Sites
Risky Business Newsletter
Risky Business - July 2020
Risky Business - May 2020
Risky Business - February 2020
Risky Business - December 2019
Risky Business - October 2019
Risky Business - July 2019
Risky Business - April 2019
Risky Business - January 2019
Benefit Enrollment/Change Forms
Prescription Drug Plan Forms
Wellness Program Forms
Private Physician Form - updated 1/1/2020
Benefit Plan Documents
The City of Montgomery Wellness Program is available to all employees insured on the City's Group Health Plan. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer-sponsored wellness programs to seek to improve employee health and/or prevent disease. This program is only available to City employees. Retirees are not obligated to participate.
The Wellness Program is comprised of the Annual Health Assessment (AHA) and Tobacco Attestation.
Annual Health Assessment (AHA)
Beginning January 2020, the annual wellness screening will have a name change from Health Risk Checkup (HRC) to Annual Health Assessment (AHA).
All employees insured on the City's Group Health Plan will be expected to complete the AHA anytime between January 1st - September 30th each year. Employees have the option completing the AHA at the City's wellness centers, CareHere, for free or with your own private physician.
Download the 2020 AHA flyer - 2020 AHA Flyer
Download the 2020 Private Physician form - 2020 Private Physician Form
View the AHA "Know Your Numbers" presentation - AHA Video
Employees who do not complete the AHA between January 1 - September 30 will be charged $25.00 per pay period through payroll deduction. This deduction will start January of the following year and will last for a full year.
All employees insured on the City's Group Health Plan must either attest to being a tobacco user or not being a tobacco user. Tobacco users will pay an additional $12.50 each pay period through payroll deduction for the health insurance.
CareHere offers a free Tobacco Cessation program. Download the flyer - Tobacco Cessation Handout
Download the Tobacco Attestation form - Tobacco Attestation Form